A stinking toilet can be annoying and there are many ways to deal with the problem. The foul smell can emanate from the bathroom due to clogged drains and poor techniques of cleaning. To keep your bathroom spic and span and smelling fresh make sure there are no choked up pipes or clogged drains. You can hire the professional plumbing services in Surrey to keep your drains unclogged and your toilet smelling fresh.
Ways to Deal with a Stinking Toilet
- Ventilate Bathroom: After using your bathroom open the windows to let out the foul smell. Even after taking a shower ensure your bathroom fan is turned on and windows are open. The moist air from the hot shower can result in the buildup of dew and produce a musty smell in the bathroom.
- Ensure Drains are Unclogged: Clogged drains result in foul odor in the bathrooms. You should make a habit of flushing the bathroom drain with hot water. Leave the tap turned on for a couple of minutes. This would dislodge any debris or dirt stuck up in the drains. You can even occasionally use a plunger to dislodge debris in the drain. If all your methods fail then call a plumber to do the needful. They have the right set of tools and expertise to have the work done in a jiffy.
- Check for Mould: The buildup of mold can be a reason for the foul smell in the bathroom. You should periodically check your bathroom to spot mold. Many times mold is confused with dirt or soot and thereby overlooked. Call a plumber to ensure there are no leaks in the water pipes of your bathroom. Water leakage leads to the growth of mold around water pipes and under the sink.
- Periodic Cleaning: Keeping your bathroom clean by mopping the floor and cleaning the shower, bathtub and toilet bowl. BY doing so you can help to prevent the buildup of foul odor. You can use a mixture of lemon juice, vinegar and baking soda for effectively cleaning your toilet.
- Re-caulk Tiles: Caulk exists between the tiles and walls of the bathroom. With the passage of time, it becomes porous and thereby absorbs odor. Even after periodic cleaning of your bathroom if the foul smell persists, replace the old caulk with a fresh one.
- Remove Trash: Make a habit of emptying the wastebasket of the bathroom once every week.
- Use Air Freshener: You can make use of air purifiers, fresheners and desiccants to eliminate bad odor from your bathroom. Mild dew can lead to the development of foul odor. You can solve this problem with the help of desiccants that can absorb the moisture and prevent the buildup of dew.
Thu for all your plumbing problems gets in touch with the proficient Surrey plumbers. 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd can provide a multitude of plumbing services like drain cleaning, repiping, hydro jetting, kitchens or bathroom remodeling, fixing of faucets, burst pipes, toilets, sewer line etc. Hire the plumbing services of our adept plumbers by calling up at (604) 679-8000. We would offer help promptly.