Posted in Plumbing
Knowing certain basics of plumbing can help you to prevent small flaws from snowballing into huge problems. For instance, with some knowledge about water pipes, you can stop water leakage from these pipes in biting cold weather. An addressed leakage can lead to a big problem like flooding that you would want to avoid at all cost.
Here are some tips to help you to prevent a minor leakage in pipes.
- Inspection on a Regular Basis: It is a good habit to inspect all the water pipes in your home to ensure there are no cracks in them. A Regular inspection would help you in detecting flaws in your pipes that may need immediate attention. Buckled or corroded pipes required to be fixed promptly. With thorough inspection, you can prevent a small problem from snowballing into a huge defect in future.
- Be Careful Not to Overload your Sink: Overloading sinks can cause the water pipes to leak. Thus, care should be taken to avoid overloading the kitchen sink. You should even look for leakage under your sink. Hire the services of plumbers in Surrey for repairing leaks promptly.
- Complete Insulation of your House: It is absolutely necessary to ensure that water continuously flows through the pipes as stagnant water in pipes can freeze when they come in contact with the exterior portion of a house during the snowy winters. Frozen water inside pipes causes cracking of the water pipes. You can prevent water from freezing inside the pipes by ensuring it is constantly moving. This can be done by leaving facets open for a long period of time when you are away from home. Another way of doing it is insulating your house completely.
- Replace the Worn-Out Washers: It is a good idea to replace the worn-out washers instead of the fixtures. It is way much cheaper replacing a worn-out washer than spending on a fixture.
- Installing Frost-Free Host Bib: To ensure water does not freeze within the pipes hire professional Surrey plumbers and have a ‘frost-free’ hose-bib installed. With an arrangement like this, you can shut off the water near to your house and prevent water from accumulating in the pipes that would finally result in freezing.
- Replace Faucets After a Period of Time: The mechanical faucets need to be replaced from time to time as they are not sturdy enough. A corroded and worn-out faucet can cause water leaks. Some homeowners use worn-out faucets for prolonged periods of time. As a result, it gets difficult to obtain spare parts of worn-out facets after many years. It is, however, cheaper to buy a brand new facet than spending on difficult repair work on worn-out old faucets.
For all kinds of plumbing issues hire the services of efficient plumbers in Surrey. 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd offers an array of plumbing services such as repiping, drain cleaning, hydro jetting, remodeling of the toilets and the kitchens, fixing of the faucets as well as burst pipes, water filtration systems, toilets, sewer lines etc. Avail the plumbing services in Surrey by reaching us at (604) 679-8000. We would provide assistance as soon as possible.